In relation to the operational changes due to begin on Friday November the 8th, the car park charges. The Whitworth have not commented on the conversations on Facebook as we deemed that we put out the information as concise as possible for our users and anyone who has a vested interest to digest and discuss, without prejudice. As its been in the public domain now for a while and there are questions and dialogue, we are very happy to meet with and discuss any issues real or perceived that have been raised.
A few misconceptions that can be answered.
- The Whitworth have not bought the machines and general apparatus to operate the parking system, as we do not have the funds to facilitate this.
- We are investing in lining bays throughout the car park and adding a height restricted entry system before the system goes live, as part of our commitment to improve and secure our facilities.
- The Whitworth will not receive financial benefit from any fixed penalties issued.
- Any funds raised will be put back into the premises, from improved WIFI, new installations, improved services, maintaining the building and parkland.
- The half hour free, was specifically designed for parents and careers to drop off and collect their children from sports and preschool. It can be done without waiting time to return, so enter at 09.00 leave at 09.29 and you can return at 09.30 and continue to replicate this all day without penalisation
- Our parking provider can verify that tailgating issues can and will be rectified, as the proof of a car leaving will be on the CCTV.
We are committed to the future of the Whitworth our key mantra is Heritage, Community & commercial, to be sustainable we have to equally give consideration to all three aspects, because if we are not commercially viable we cannot sustain the heritage we are the current custodians off, we cannot maintain the commitment to providing affordable spaces to community groups and free access to our grounds and building.
If anyone has any further issues or concerns, I would be happy to discuss it in person with you. I am going to be available from 3pm until 5pm on Monday the 30th in the café of the Whitworth to talk to anyone who can attend about the parking restrictions we are introducing; this is a drop in service and you do not need to book or prearrange. For those who cannot attend please mail me direct on firstname.lastname@example.org